Currently In London

Posted by: oliver

Currently In London - 09/07/2006 08:46

Hello, I'm on a family vacation in London right now, I'll be here till the 17th. If anyone is interesting in meeting up for some drinks, or maybe some food, let me know.

I wish I was going to be around for Hugo's party, but these tickets were purchased about a year ago
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Currently In London - 09/07/2006 09:17

My wife and I will be there (just south of London in Redhill) the 16th-19th, but won't have a vehicle. We're possibly interested.

I was also trying to schedule this trip to be at Hugo's party, but those dates were blacked out for the free ticket I had.

Re: Currently In London - 09/07/2006 10:08

I also don't have a vehicle, but I'm definitely interested. I'm actually leaving on the 18th and I'm in the Fulham area.
Posted by: tahir

Re: Currently In London - 09/07/2006 10:57

Richmond is a place between the two that has lots of nice bars and restaurants (expensive though) not far from Kew Gardens either, and there's a riverbus pier.

Although Red Hill -> Richmond by public transport probably isn't that easy.

I think the trains from Red Hill come into London Bridge, plenty of nice places to eat and drink between Fulham and London Bridge.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Currently In London - 09/07/2006 16:40

Redhill to Richmond: Approx threequarters of an hour, change at Clapham Junction - easy! Speak to a railway enthusiast!

......and while I'm at it, Fulham to Richmond, half an hour: District Line changing at Earls Court.

Re: Currently In London - 09/07/2006 18:57

I'm up for meeting anywhere, and I have an oyster card.
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: Currently In London - 09/07/2006 23:29

Go see my roommate's band!!

http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=284513&page=0&vc=#Post284513

Re: Currently In London - 10/07/2006 06:48

Sorry, I was just providing, hopefully, useful information. Personally, at the time in question, I shall be 200 miles away in North Wales, working on a railway!

Re: Currently In London - 10/07/2006 09:46

Quote:

They would have to be up for a six+ hour round trip to see the band on those dates!

Re: Currently In London - 10/07/2006 15:05

Quote:

I'm definitely going to try and round up some of my cousins and checkout the show.

Re: Currently In London - 10/07/2006 15:10

Quote:
Sorry, I was just providing, hopefully, useful information.

Any transportation information is greatly appreciated, I already got kinda lost and couldn't find the proper bus stop to get back home. So I ended up walking 6+ miles across town, luckily I had my GPS unit with me and created a waypoint for my neighborhood. However, walking 6 miles with my nephew in a stroller was a little tricky and the trip took around 3.5 hours by foot.

Re: Currently In London - 10/07/2006 17:40

Quote:
I already got kinda lost

Don't bother with a GPS, take a chalk and mark the corners on the way out, from my memory, everything in Fulham looks much the same!