Razr (Verizon) and phone book

Posted by: Ladmo

Razr (Verizon) and phone book - 12/11/2006 23:08

My neighbor has a Razr V3m (Verizon) and he is trying to get the phone book (contact numbers and info) from his phone to his PC so he can updated it easier, and back it up. He has a data cable for it, but whe he plugs it in it just looks for the driver and cannot find any driver for it so the 'USB device' cannot be installed correctly' according to the wizard. He says he has looked at the disk that came with it and nothing is even close to a driver or an install...
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Posted by: Robotic

Re: Razr (Verizon) and phone book - 13/11/2006 00:36

http://howardforums.com/ ?
Posted by: drakino

Re: Razr (Verizon) and phone book - 13/11/2006 03:09

I'd recommend using a Bluetooth transfer to do it, though I can't answer how to do that on Windows. I committed to a bluetooth phone 3 upgrades ago, and won't go back to any other method of phonebook transfer. No proprietary cables (with most phones) and no proprietary software to muck with.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Razr (Verizon) and phone book - 13/11/2006 04:08

Quick Googling found this.

My wife has a Cingular RAZR and I had to do some gymnastics to get the driver installed for that, too. My L7 shows up as a USB device right away, but it has a miniSD card in it - I had to get it to see it as a modem to sync with my contact list.
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Razr (Verizon) and phone book - 13/11/2006 21:11

I remember a friend having a verizon motorola phone with bluetooth. In order to use the motorola software he had to circumvent some things via firmware I think. I think verizon intentionally cripples some of the functionality in order to sell you other services.