Burnout Paradise on PS3

Posted by: Roger

Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 14/04/2009 13:25

Anyone up for some online play?

My PSN ID is "roger_lipscombe".

I found the other thread, and I'll update that later.
Posted by: Attack

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 14/04/2009 13:54

I have Burnout Paradise on XBox360, I wonder if we could play against each other?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 14/04/2009 15:18

Originally Posted By: Attack
I have Burnout Paradise on XBox360, I wonder if we could play against each other?

Unfortunately, no, they're not interoperable.

I'm sure if the game companies wanted to try really hard, they could make the games work cross-platform, but for the fact that Sony and Microsoft keep their respective online play networks tightly controlled with user-specific logins and proprietary authentication mechanisms.
Posted by: frog51

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 15/04/2009 06:50

Originally Posted By: Roger
Anyone up for some online play?

My PSN ID is "roger_lipscombe".

I found the other thread, and I'll update that later.

Hi Roger - definitely! Currently this is one of my top PS3 games (in addition to all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band ones)

Pretty sure I'm on as Frog51 - I'll add you this evening.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 15/04/2009 11:52

I'm up for it, but finding a time when I'm available at the same time as you Yurpeans might be a bit challenging.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 16/04/2009 11:28

Originally Posted By: frog51

So Rory and I played some Burnout Paradise yesterday (I had to bail because my almost-1-year old needed his bath), but it was good fun. Thanks Rory.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 16/04/2009 15:27

Originally Posted By: Roger
Originally Posted By: frog51

So Rory and I played some Burnout Paradise yesterday (I had to bail because my almost-1-year old needed his bath), but it was good fun. Thanks Rory.

I can't help but interpret that as "Rory was kicking my ass, and I needed an excuse to quit." wink
Posted by: frog51

Re: Burnout Paradise on PS3 - 20/04/2009 06:09

Hahahaha - no, we were just rattling through some of the challenges and I totally understand Roger's reasons. My playing tends to be in chunks between getting dinner, bathing the kids, pausing so SWMBO can watch Grey's Anatomy etc...

And sometimes this means I am on at ungodly-o-clock so Tony...you never know.