Posting files from iPad???

Posted by: gbeer

Posting files from iPad??? - 16/11/2011 00:06

Has any one cracked how to post an image to the bbs from an iPad?
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Posting files from iPad??? - 16/11/2011 02:03

I can't post from an Android tablet either. So far I've found there's quite a bit that tablets fail to do at all, let alone well. There are some things that still require a real computer.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Posting files from iPad??? - 16/11/2011 05:27

I hadn't even thought about that limit on an iPad before, and am a bit surprised it doesn't offer at least a basic ability to browse the photo library to upload from. May submit a bug to Apple to see what their response is. Now that iOS 5 is trying to improve on the iPad as a standalone device, the request doesn't seem too far out.

Also odd that Android doesn't handle this. Did try it on the Touchpad (WebOS), same issue where the prompt just does nothing.

Re: Posting files from iPad??? - 16/11/2011 05:31

As for a general workaround though, you can always use an iOS specific app to upload to a particular file or image hosting site, then use the [img] tag to insert it into the post. Kinda kludgy, but would work.

Photobucket, and Dropbox apps are two to potentially investigate, among others.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: Posting files from iPad??? - 16/11/2011 08:18

This is where those apps like Forum Runner and Tapatalk come in. They can do this no problem.

Re: Posting files from iPad??? - 16/11/2011 15:24

If you want to do the work to convert the BBS to software compatible with one of those apps, I'm willing to support them wink

(Compatibility with Tapatalk is in the works, but tied to a much delayed newer version of UBBthreads.)
Posted by: Shonky

Re: Posting files from iPad??? - 17/11/2011 06:54

No I'm fine as is and don't have a tablet of any description smile I do use my Android phone with Forum Runner to read a car forum I frequent the most though.

I'm a little surprised the tablets can't actally do this though.