Monte Montgomery....Music

Posted by: jimhogan

Monte Montgomery....Music - 01/02/2002 01:17

Point 1: A friend had loaned me some Monte Montgomery CDs a while back and, while I thought they were pleasant, I didn't get too excited -- I thought the songwriting was a bit MOR. Well, I just came back from seeing this guitar maniac live and I would like to recommend that you go see him if you get a chance. Much fun.

Point 2: Given that relatively few owners use their Empegs for books on tape or nature sounds, I've always been a little surprised that there isn't a forum for that stuff...."Music"
Posted by: cwillenbrock

Re: Monte Montgomery....Music - 01/02/2002 01:21

I've always been a little surprised that there isn't a forum for that stuff...."Music"

There is...it's just labelled "Off Topic"

I would imagine they don't want to set aside a forum category called "Music" because it would inevitably lead to people asking to trade files, and that could get ugly. At least that's my guess.
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: Monte Montgomery....Music - 01/02/2002 01:33

cwillenbrockbecause it would inevitably lead to people asking to trade files

Good point. I guess that's a risk (an expectation that might be inadverdently raised...) It's just ironic that music is so central to the "Empeg experience" while prolonged discussions about "good tracks" wind up in Empeg Reviews.

Ah, well, it isn't what you'd call the end of the world. Just a little irony...