Does Mark Lord have a real job?

Posted by: redbutt2

Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 00:56

I swear, he puts out patches to Hijack before the anyone can finish instaling the previous one.

By the way...I like the new RTFF note for new users above the posting box...think it'll work?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 01:58

I like the new RTFF note for new users above the posting box...

Thanks, I put that one together about a week ago, but Paul only got around to installing it just yesterday.

think it'll work?

Not for everyone. I still answered some "it's in the FAQ" questions today. But we can only hope for percentages, can't we?
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 09:06

Maybe we should get notices every time that the FAQ is updated like Mark does with his Hijack... I've been burned by the "it's in the FAQ" as recently as a month or so ago - thinking that I HAD read the entire FAQ.

Tony, if you add a few entries to the FAQ, could you post something in Announcements or FAQ just saying "Feb. 05: Added this, this and that and expanded on this." ?

Or maybe a "last modified" date?
Posted by: drakino

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 09:47

There is a last modified daye on the FAQ as of the begining of January. It also notes a little "new" color changing icon up to a week from the change. This code is also in the Developer Info and Geek Guide as well. I wanted to get a page done that would show the last X changes to the FAQ so that people could keep up with it even easier, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. (I'm currently working on a small backend for gallery requests).

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 11:06

Tony, if you add a few entries to the FAQ, could you post something in Announcements or FAQ just saying "Feb. 05: Added this, this and that and expanded on this." ?

Uh... let me think about that: no.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 11:24

ouch

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 11:33

Posted by: drakino

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 11:39

Had I not made the FAQ as easy as it is for Tony, he would still be doing something similar in the fourm. Guess I did my job well, now to teach Tony PHP...
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 18:35

Doh
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 05/02/2002 20:14

What's so hard about spelling PHP?
Posted by: redbutt2

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 06/02/2002 00:08

Nah...teach him Python...lol. Now THAT's an ouch!
Posted by: PaulH

Re: Does Mark Lord have a real job? - 06/02/2002 03:08

In reply to:

Thanks, I put that one together about a week ago, but Paul only got around to installing it just yesterday.

Hey you're not supposed to tell them that - by my current time scales this was quick! ;-)

In reply to:

Not for everyone. I still answered some "it's in the FAQ" questions today. But we can only hope for percentages, can't we?

I think you need to create yourself an image for "read the faq2. "You've been FAQ'ed" ;-)

Cheers

Paul