TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h

Posted by: pinsomniac

TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 00:28

Two things worth mentioning today:

TechTV just posted a review of the Karma. Read more about it here: http://www.techtv.com/freshgear/products/story/0,23008,3564255,00.html. Hopefully IGN and Cnet get their reviews up soon... dapreview might review the Karma also, so keep an eye for that.

Also, compuplus.com now has the lowest available price on the Karma 20. I won't go into their ratings as a company (some have had excellent experiences, some have had poor experiences), and I'm not endorsing them by mentioning them here. But they have the lowest price right now, at $260.05 + shipping after rebate. If this company is any better (reseller ratings: 9.09 over six months, 6.07 lifetime), Harmony Computers at shopharmony.com has the player for $9 more.

Enjoy... think the price is right to get a Karma.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 00:35

He said my VU meters were "Amazing Looking".

Posted by: msaeger

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 01:26

I saw the "review" on tech tv it was pretty lame.

IPod is still the conventional choice since it's both Mac- and Windows-compatible.

Look it works on a mac

Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 01:59

But there is no shiny disc with "MAC" written on it in the box so it can't work with a mac.

Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 02:08

Actually looking at the rio website it sayes nothing about music manager lite

Why are they not actually mentioning this ability as it is something i am very intrested in.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 06:54

They are cool Tony! (They are like the ones you made for the empeg right?) Whenever I do a software update on a player, I'm always amazed that the old "plain" ones are still included.

VU Meters for empeg
Posted by: mlord

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 08:22

They are probably not mentioning RMML for two reasons:

(1) it requires networking, rather than "simpler" (not for me!) USB.

(2) RIO is NOT promoting RMML. It officially doesn't exist. It's just there for "experimentation". Missing the boat again, perhaps? Dunno.

Cheers
Posted by: mschrag

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 08:59

So Rob was telling me that they're not really pushing RMML mainly because they don't want to suggest that they have "cross platform support" until they /really/ fully support cross platform. Once firmware upgrade other ethernet is available, I think it becomes more viable as a full replacement (albeit without USB support).

I still think they should push it more. Interestingly, if you look at the Rio Japan pages, it is pushed a lot more -- that is, it is at least mentioned.

ms

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 09:01

eek ... you need the new version:

http://www.inzyme.com/rio/pantherrmml.png
Posted by: monkeydonkey

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 13:03

RMML may not be an advertised feature by Rio but at least officially released updates do show up at Rio Support Ok so there is only one update so far but as soon as the next version is officially released you can be assured that it will added to the Rio Support Karma page. By the way good job on the app and to all the support your giving to the Karma community.

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 17:24

New RMML or Mac OS ?

I think I have the latest RMML ?

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 17:29

Should be new RMML only ... you have the latest from http://www.inzyme.com/rio ?

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 17:38

I think so

Re: TechTV review & new low price: $260 AR + s/h - 06/11/2003 17:45

Ah yes .. Apple renamed the system properties that specify menu bar at the top of the screen and the brushed metal look. I'll set them both in the next buld.