Will we have it for the January Sales?

Posted by: furtive

Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 03:40

Getting too late for a pre-Chrimble release in the UK now. I wonder if it will be released in time for the January sales
Posted by: Roger

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 03:55

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AQIFZ/

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 05:42

£250 from http://www.everything-ipod.co.uk/ as well

Are they actually with these companies and ready to ship, or are they just taking pre-orders?
Posted by: andym

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 05:48

Wahey!!!!
Posted by: Roger

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 06:23

Are they actually with these companies and ready to ship, or are they just taking pre-orders?

Dunno. You'd have to ask Nong (nanook) or Rob or, possibly, Hugo.

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 06:35

Ah yes, sorry - forgot you don't work there any more.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 06:40

<thread hijack>

How have things been working out for you, by the way?

</thread hijack>
Posted by: Cris

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 10:56

Cool !!! and if I order via my assosiates account at http://www.kathylloyd.net (link in video section - sorry small plug) I get 5% off

Is it just me that got this "Amazon.co.uk = low prices" and then right next to that a link to everything i-pod at £249! I filled in the form, lets see if they change their price

Edit - The Rio people should really try and get the "Note: it's now too late to dispatch this item in time for Christmas." taken off too, missing out on lots of christmas trade here !

Cheers

Cris.
Posted by: andy

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 09/12/2003 14:25

I doubt if they will be dispatched in time for Xmas, their availability is showing as "within 1 to 2" weeks.
Posted by: Cris

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 10/12/2003 04:27

I don't see the point of a rushed UK launch unless I can have one in my stocking for Christmas, and whos got spare cash in Jan to buy expensive items for yourself ??? I don't thats for sure.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that they start to ship next week.

Cheers

Cris.
Posted by: DLF

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 12/12/2003 20:47

And on a related theme:

Rio Karma 40 GB MP3 Jukebox
"It's baa-ack."
Posted by: g_attrill

Re: Will we have it for the January Sales? - 27/12/2003 15:37

I have noticed a lot of the news programmes have been pushing the iPod - at an interview in a shopping centre the reporters have invariable held one up and said "this is the must-have item this christmas - the iPod" and then the studio presenter asks them what it does

Today there was a reporter in Bluewater (Kent) at the sales and they said it wasn't on sale anywhere because they could have sold them all at £1000 - most were expecting to sell out again as soon as they got new stock.

Gareth