adding files to webserver

Posted by: RobotCaleb

adding files to webserver - 04/01/2004 17:01

i havent done much research yet, but is there a way to store custom files in the webspace on the karma?
also, im sure its not normal, but it happened to me everytime. whenever i tried to download the two items already on the webserver they appeared to have a 1 byte length. and thats all that was downloaded.
Posted by: mschrag

Re: adding files to webserver - 05/01/2004 09:20

There is no way (with publically available tools) to add files to the webserver.

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 02:34

can i request such a feature?
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 05:28

I think you just did...
Posted by: mschrag

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 06:57

Only the folks at Empeg Towers can grant that one ... I don't actually have write access over the ethernet protocol (that I know of) to where those files are stored. But I assume they "like to watch" and you can probably consider the feature requested. I'll post it on the beta forum ... Might be cool if they make your taxi files available from the webserver on a password-protected page or something.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 07:10

...or have folder support in the taxi area with a "public_html" directory, where everything below that point is web accessible...

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 10:04

I think you just did...

heh, just making sure it was known.

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 10:05

i think it would be very cool if the taxied files were made available via ethernet. kind of defeats the purpose of taxiing if you must bring/install software to retrieve it.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 11:54

Brilliant idea. I love it. Have the taxied files grab-able from the web interface. Too cool.
Posted by: rob

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 11:55

Yes, nice feature request, but right now we're working on some slightly hard core architectural changes so new features will probably have to wait a couple of months.

Rob

Re: adding files to webserver - 07/01/2004 12:43

ack

well, at least its been noted by you guys.
Posted by: mlord

Re: adding files to webserver - 08/01/2004 12:56

Well, no need to bring any extra software along to taxi files over ethernet -- the built-in RMMLite interface includes file-taxi functions.

Cheers

Re: adding files to webserver - 08/01/2004 12:59

good point. one which i did not know, because my files on the webserver report a 1 byte length. and thats all that gets downloaded