Import Music / Add New Music

Posted by: GnatGoSplat

Import Music / Add New Music - 14/10/2003 07:33

Is there any way for this to happen automatically?
If not, is there any way to set a default directory?
Right now it always wants to default to C:\. When I add a place to look for music, it doesn't remember it.
I would like it to default to C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\My Music
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 14/10/2003 11:36

Not in the default software that comes with the unit. However, if you use one of the third party servers, I'm sure at least one of them is more flexible in this regard. I'm sure the replacement server that Roger is writing will also have this capability. (Listening, Roger? )
Posted by: hipped1

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 14/10/2003 11:39

You might want to consider JReciver on the server side. It will automatically scan the files in your directory (setup once) for updates/additions daily.
Posted by: hipped1

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 14/10/2003 11:42

As far as the default directory, i think the answer is still nope.

http://rioreceiver.comms.net/php/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=3214&page=&view=&sb=&o=
Posted by: Roger

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 01:57

Nope. My bad.

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 02:04

I'm sure the replacement server that Roger is writing will also have this capability. (Listening, Roger?)

Yep. This is on the list of goals.

I'll get to it just as soon as I've finished the kitchen. The fitter's coming this afternoon to connect the gas hob, I finished off the plumbing Monday, and Jen and I spent yesterday finishing the worktops and the extractor. Once the fitter's been, we just need to actually fix everything in place and fit the plinths.

Anyway, rest assured, it's near the top of my list.
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 10:06

Roger,
Congrats on the flat(apartment). After the fitter(plumber) is done with the gas hob(water heater?)you are almost done, correct. I really need to redo my worktops(countertops). They are about 30 years old and made of formica I think. My sink(extractor?) is rusty and in need of replacement also. Maybe next year...

OK I am stumped on the plinths. You are redoing the plaster and these are the wood backing for the plaster, right...

Sean in NC

PS, sorry for the pickin' and please take no offense. I couldn't help myself... I look forward in utilizing the new Central App...
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 10:07

My sink(extractor?)

LOL

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 11:25

OK, some explanation:

flat = apartment
fitter = plumber (but also gas fitting, see http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/)
gas hob = gas burners (on top of the cooker, usually)
worktop = countertop
extractor = extractor fan (above the cooker, usually)
plinth = the bit of wood across the bottom of a unit that hides the feet
Posted by: markb

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 11:57

As a cabinet maker, I will happily finish off Roger's kitchen in exchange for an all-singing-and-dancing-easy-to-install replacement Rio server release.

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 12:35

Well, sh*t, if you'd said that earlier, we might have had a deal. As it is, we're just about finished, so there's not much point in you travelling up from Kent to help out.

Besides the replacement server, I'm also hacking on something even cooler, which I hope to finish soon, as well.
Posted by: markb

Re: Import Music / Add New Music - 15/10/2003 12:49

As it is, we're just about finished

Do you really think I would have offered at the START of the project?!