shoutcast

Posted by: enzo

shoutcast - 09/09/2002 04:35

cool work on receiver software!
but, how can i change the stored shoutcast serveradresses to my one?
anybody can help me please?
Posted by: silicon

Re: shoutcast - 09/09/2002 18:04

Well, Not sure how you would do it in a Windows environment, but in Linux you simply un-gzip the arf replacement and then in the /etc directory you simply modify the streams.cfg file. If you open it up in a text editor it will be very easy to figure out from there.
Posted by: grgcombs

Re: shoutcast - 11/09/2002 22:12

I figure on windows, you can rename the .arf file to .tar find some windows utility to untar it (and able to retar it back when we're done)

Inside that folder created by untarring that file, look for a folder called "etc" .. inside it will be a file called "streams.conf" or something like that.

You can edit that streams file, but you need to make sure the text editor you use keeps the old line endings. Most text editors I've seen for windows aren't too smart about line endings, and tend to overwrite the old ones (bad!!!).

After you make your additions, save your changes and retar that folder ... then name it back to .arf.

*I Think!*

Greg
Posted by: Roger

Re: shoutcast - 12/09/2002 01:14

It's a bad idea to untar the file on Windows -- it's got device special files in it. Last I checked, WinZip messed these up. So you'll have to be extremely careful when choosing a utility to do this with.

Somebody (Frank?) had a utility for incrementally changing files in the .arf file, without unpacking it all. Maybe it's worth looking around for that.
Posted by: grgcombs

Re: shoutcast - 12/09/2002 06:58

Didn't think about that. So unless you can find Frank van Gestel's utility, it's best if you do all of this on a linux machine.

Greg
Posted by: dave

Re: shoutcast - 12/09/2002 08:14

I posted a method to change out the zImage file in the .arf which will also work for the streams.cfg file. It's fairly painless. The post which describes it is here.

It uses GNU tar which does not mess up the special /dev files the way WinZip does.
Posted by: reza

Re: shoutcast - 13/09/2002 05:03

You can try out RRR (http://www.reza.net/rio/rrr.html) -- you can edit the configuration (shoutcast streams) by using a web interface pointing to the rio's IP address. -reza