New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem

Posted by: boomertoo55

New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem - 24/09/2004 01:51

Don't know if this is the correct forum for a Sonic Blue Rio receiver problem but thought I would give it a try. I recently switched out my router to a Linksys and now cannot get the Receiver to connect to the Server. I get "Searching for Music Server" message and then IP of 169.254.112.246. I have tried the following:
- Re-installed V 1.03 of Server software - Nope
- Installed a 10BaseT hub between the Server and the Receiver and set the Network speed to 10 Mbs - Nope
- Installed a crossover cable between the Server and Receiver and set the Server network speed to 10 Mbs (note that I tried to figure out how to give the Receiver an IP address but could not) - Nope

Running Win2K w/ Linksys Router, Linksys 4 Port Switch+ USB Print Server and 10 Mbs hub.

Help, running out of options (other than to throw it out the window!).
Posted by: tfabris

Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem - 24/09/2004 12:32

Yes, this is the right forum, but that's a stumper. You tried all the things we would have suggested to fix the problem.

One other thing to try. You said you used a 10baseT hub between the server and the receiver. Did you try hooking everything back up to the linksys router, but with the 10baseT hub between the receiver and the router?
Posted by: Roger

Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem - 24/09/2004 13:17

Quote:
One other thing to try.

Yeah, what he said: leave the computer plugged into the router and connect the Receiver to the router via a cheap hub -- i.e. the Receiver goes into one port, and the hub's uplink port goes to the router.

It looks like the Receiver's not getting an IP address from your DHCP server. I assume that you're using a DHCP server provided by your router?

The other thing we normally check is that the Receiver's getting Ethernet (as opposed to PNA) link. Can you include _all_ of the text from the screen of the Receiver with a failed boot? Which lights are lit on the back of the Receiver?
Posted by: boomertoo55

Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem - 25/09/2004 04:30

Thanks for your help, I got the Receiver to show a lan address after searching for over a minute for the Server. Putting the hub directly between the router and the Receiver worked. However, that's as far as I get with the Receiver. The Receiver seems frozen at the IP-Subnet Mask-Gateway banner screen. The Server note in the tray is still red and shows "No Units".

So I took a baby step but now don't know the next step. Is there a router setting I should try?

Suggestions?

Thanks for your replies.
Posted by: Otis

Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem - 29/12/2004 18:05

Did you ever get your problem resolved? I'm having exactly the same issue -- but with a Dell badged unit that was working great but suddenly quit. Three other units on my network continue to work perfectly....