I think my player eats remotes.

Posted by: BinaryC

I think my player eats remotes. - 24/08/2002 23:09

When I bought my brand new player, my remote worked for about 2 days. I figured I somehow broke it, or ran down the battery or something. I didn't worry about it because I don't really use the remote. Right before they stopped selling remotes, I bought another one, just in case. That one came in the mail and worked for about 2 days also before it stopped working. I don't really think this is normal is it? I haven't changed the batteries yet, but the one that comes with it should be fresh right?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: I think my player eats remotes. - 24/08/2002 23:18

but the one that comes with it should be fresh right?

Wrong. Click here.
Posted by: acurasquirrel_

Re: I think my player eats remotes. - 25/08/2002 14:05

Ill take one of ur remotes if you arent using it.
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: I think my player eats remotes. - 25/08/2002 19:16

I recently purchased one of the last Rio remotes from the on-line store just before it was defunct. Oddly enough, my shiny new Rio remote just stopped working one day a few weeks ago. I was bummed but figured that if it had sat on a shelf long enough, the battery must be gone. I dug out my old Empeg remote (with the original one and a half year old battery it came with still in it) and made the swap...sure enough, that was it. Go figure eh?

Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: I think my player eats remotes. - 26/08/2002 16:53

what version of the software are you running? One of them (I forget which) would stop responding to the remote for me. Make sure you're running the latest software and latest hijack.

Also had to replace my remote battery within 3 months, but that doesn't surprise me as I use the remote almost exclusively.