AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect functio

Posted by: gasturbine

AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect functio - 12/05/2003 05:17

Hy Folks

Got another problem with the AC plug in my MK2. I replaced the plug inside MK2, and its not better as before. Sometimes, its in carmodus in car, sometimes it is in Homemodus in car.

Is there really a softwarebased problem in Hi-Jack? Its almost not possible, that the plug is damaged again...

Pleeeeeeze help me..

Greets
Gasturbine
Posted by: tfabris

Re: AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect functio - 12/05/2003 10:07

Is there really a softwarebased problem in Hi-Jack?
As far as I know, there is no software problem in Hijack. Unless you've deliberately set the "force AC/DC power mode" feature, there is no reason for the software to make the player boot in home mode.

Aside from the AC adapter jack, I'm sure there could be other hardware problems that make it think it's in home mode. But the common reason is a faulty jack.
Posted by: simspos

Re: AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect functio - 13/05/2003 00:26

The home / car check mechanism relies on "that springy electrical contact thingy" in the power jack "opening" and "closing" with the power plug insertion, right (excuse crap English )

- Are you sure the one you fitted supports that feature ??

- Is your power adapter plug the right size for the jack, if it's not the right diameter (ie: too small) it will give the intermittent behaviour you're seeing ??

.... just a couple of thoughts, hope you sort it - cheers, Sim

Re: AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect functio - 13/05/2003 01:30

Hy there

Looks like i'm stupid. In the Force AC/DC Menu i had something with "If Tuner 2....."

I hope it works now.. Otherwise, the topic will follow...

:-)

Greets and thanks for your ideas
Gasturbine
Posted by: mlord

Re: AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect fun - 13/05/2003 11:05

Mm... I think I'll update Hijack to display a message at boot whenever it uses a mind altering state..

Cheers

Re: AC Power Plug replaced but still incorrect fun - 19/05/2003 01:42

seems to be a temperature problem. checking now some actual situations with cool air and hot temperature in car...

Greets