Methode to get the files out of MK1?

Posted by: PKi

Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 21/12/2006 19:26

Hi there.

I think the life of my MK1 HDD goes to it's end.

I know the tips from the FAQ to hold an identical file structure on the pc. But this was not possible, because i got the player with many files on it, so i have only backups of the files i added.

Is there a programm or script, windows or linux, to get the files out of the player to a directory tree like the playlist tree? Please help me, i don't want to loose all the music
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 21/12/2006 20:11

jEmplode should allow you to do this. I assume that it will work with the MkI players.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 21/12/2006 21:26

Quote:
jEmplode should allow you to do this. I assume that it will work with the MkI players.

Remember that the Mk1 players do not have ethernet. I don't know if Jemplode does USB connections or not. Anyone know?

Anyway, you don't need Jemplode. The most recent versions of plain-old Emplode will allow you to copy files to the PC.

Preserving the directory structure might not happen without jemplode, but that's the price you pay for trying to pirate music from the player's previous owner. At least you'll get the songs.

And preserving the tag information might have issues, depending on how the player's previous owner handled things.

Re: Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 22/12/2006 05:29

OK. I will try jemplode later.

That's not pirating, the empeg was sold with the songs on it. I think i will first try to copy the old disk to a new one, then try to download the songs and then rebuild the new disk. I will report how it gone.

Re: Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 22/12/2006 11:59

Not that I care that much, but, legally, unless he gave you or destroyed every other copy of the music, including the original CDs, he didn't have rights to sell you those mp3s.

Re: Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 22/12/2006 12:00

Quote:
I don't know if Jemplode does USB connections or not.

It has an "add-on" under Windows to do USB. I think it works under Linux, too, with the appropriate kernel driver.

Re: Methode to get the files out of MK1? - 23/12/2006 21:50

OK. My problem is gone. The HDD is dead. Nothing to read out. Replaced with a new 80GB now. Lived about 5 years, used mostly in car, even at -20. Now at home i think the drive should live some years, and hope the empeg will live a long time.