HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ)

Posted by: benjammin

HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ) - 04/01/2009 04:46

I realized the Empeg FAQ that covers the hiJack options is missing the I2C fan control options.

They should be:

fan_control=1 (1=enable)
fan_high=## (in degrees celsius)
fan_low=## (in degrees celsius)

Where "high" turns the fan on and "low" shuts it off.

I don't know who maintains, so I thought I would ask if it would be worthwhile to add those to the FAQ?
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ) - 05/01/2009 04:30

Well...it was Loren at one time, but I can't remember the last time I saw him post.
Posted by: benjammin

Re: HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ) - 09/01/2009 04:58

BUmmer. I wonder how we can get it into the FAQ's HiJack Options Listing.

(scratching head)
Posted by: Boelle

Re: HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ) - 09/02/2009 13:55

is it not tony these days?
Posted by: drakino

Re: HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ) - 20/02/2009 15:19

The FAQ was also reposted on the empeg Wiki, but nothing was ever added over there to it. link.

I do still run Riocar.org, so if anyone wants to step up and add some info to the Hijack section I can give you access. Or it can go on the wiki.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: HiJack Options for I2C Fan Controller (and Empeg FAQ) - 20/02/2009 15:43

Originally Posted By: Boelle
is it not tony these days?

For clarification, I've only been doing the general sections of the FAQ. Loren was handling the Hijack section. He hasn't been around much lately, been too busy paragliding in Utah. smile

Lately, the amount of general FAQ maintenance (i.e., very little) has been about equal to the amount of time I've been able to spend on it. But Mark's constant and awesome work on Hijack means that the real product changes more often than I have time to FAQ-update.

Of course, if Mark himself were the one maintaining the FAQ then he wouldn't have time to actually work on Hijack. smile