Radio to mp3

Posted by: thinfourth2

Radio to mp3 - 03/05/2001 18:17

okay here is a question for you folks

what i want to do is set my computer to record from my radio at a certain time for lets say 2 hrs straight to an mp3 file which can then be put on my empeg.

Sounds easy but i would like it to start without me being around a bit like in a sort of video type way.

Re: Radio to mp3 - 04/05/2001 02:41

got an update i have had a brainwave. but i still need help.

What i shall do is set my nice radio with timer to come on at right time at the same time i nice nicam video will start and record from its scart socket to which the radio will be attached. I will then have a video of the radio ;) which i would then want to convert straight to an mp3 on my computer so that it can be stuck on a cd and then posted to me sitting on a ship were i can transfer to my empeg and then listen to it.

The only bit that wil cause me probs is there software that goes straight from audio input to mp3 i am not looking for huge quality 96kbs would be sufficent i think

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Radio to mp3 - 04/05/2001 06:40

I believe with MusicMatch software, you can schedule recordings for just this purpose...

32GB (JUST UPGRADED!) Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com

Re: Radio to mp3 - 04/05/2001 17:15

what i really want now is the ability to go straight from audio input to mp3 onto the hard drive

Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Radio to mp3 - 05/05/2001 00:03

You haven't mentioned what operating system you use - so I'll assume some form of Windows.

AudioGrabber can do what you want in one step - directly rip Line In
to mp3 for specified time periods. And as SE_Sport_Driver said, I imagine MusicMatch to have similar capabilities - but my rather old
version of MM only lets you schedule one recording.

See attachment

/Michael