Audio Glitching problem

Posted by: Micman2b

Audio Glitching problem - 30/06/2004 02:53

This afternoon I was playing random songs from a playlist when a song started glitching and freezing for a few seconds then restart only to freeze momentarily again. I thought it was a bad track so I started the next song and the problem kept happening. I finally turned the power off and rebooted. No problems since. I thought about opening up the unit to see if a hard drive cable may have come loose, I moved it in the car from a friends house after a party a few weeks ago, but I never got around to actually opening it. If it does it again I will open it.

BTW, the Central worked flawlessly as party audio device. With the larger screen you can see it when you are really inebriated...

Sean in NC
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Audio Glitching problem - 30/06/2004 03:20

Likely one of the hard drive problems listed in the FAQ. Remember, that FAQ entry lists a whole bunch of possible problems, it doesn't just say "Cable". Read through and check all of them. Carefully.

For instance, heat could do it. Or, heat combined with an iffy IDE header. That sort of thing.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Audio Glitching problem - 30/06/2004 03:21

Damnit, I have to get used to this integrated BBS. This was in the Central forum. Argh. I assumed you were talking about a car player. Argh. <smacks forehead>
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Audio Glitching problem - 30/06/2004 03:29

Doh....

Sean in NC
Posted by: genixia

Re: Audio Glitching problem - 30/06/2004 15:03

Wow. I never thought I'd see anyone misFAQed here.