CDDB Error 0x8004700f

Posted by: matthew_k

CDDB Error 0x8004700f - 04/11/2005 05:36

I replaced the dead hard drive with a new one, and everything seemed good. I have no idea where the orginal restore CD that came with it is, so I downloaded the files from the rio support site. The big one wouldn't unzip, so I used the one without the CDDB db, figureing it'll just do the lookups every time, which is fine because it's on the network.

However, it's on the network now to the point that I can jemplode to it, but it can't do a CDDB lookup, giving an error 0x8004700f. I know there was talk of the central not being on the list of "authorized clients" but someone would have mentioned if they'd turned us off, right?

Any thoughts? Do I need to have the cddb files on the hard drive for it to do lookups?

Matthew

Re: CDDB Error 0x8004700f - 05/11/2005 05:31

Can anyone confirm that their CDDB looks are working? I assume it's a problem with the unit. Anyone have a working iso of the full image? Someone (Central Guy?) mentioned the rio one works after unzipping with errors? I suppose I'll plan on trying that as a last resort.

Matthew
Posted by: The Central Guy

Re: CDDB Error 0x8004700f - 05/11/2005 14:40

Hi Matthew,
I can confirm that Central lookups are indeed still working on the Internet with Gracenote as I'm in the middle of a very large ripping project with my collection.

I have a working 1.10 Central CD with the CDDB files that I could copy for you if you're interested...Send me a PM with your name and address and we can go from there...

Thanks, Randy

Re: CDDB Error 0x8004700f - 05/11/2005 19:02

That'd be great. Sending email now.

Matthew