HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration.

Posted by: tfabris

HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 23/01/2002 17:37

My first wish for the HSX-109 is that it be able to squirt tunes into the Rio Riot and the Rio Car. I would like to be able to use the HSX-109 as my primary music storage device for everyting, and remove all MP3s from my PC permanently.

I don't necessarily need advanced playlist management capability from the HSX-109, I don't mind having to hook up Emplode to fiddle with the car player. Just the basic "send tunes to the car/portable" capability.

I'm reasonably sure this is on the wish list of the development team as well, I just wanted to make it official here before anyone else did.
Posted by: rob

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 24/01/2002 16:07

Rio Riot support will be out very soon (as a software update) and car player support is planned but will take a little longer, because we have some sophisticated ideas for it.

Rob
Posted by: number6

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 24/01/2002 16:30

Rob,
if you add support for the Car Player, that might just make we want to buy it for that reason alone - while I have more than one Windows PC in my house, being able to have a dedicated 'docking station' for my Car units would save a lot of bother I think.

Knowing you guys it will be a pretty thorough job and have lots of features we have not yet begun to know we want yet [but that we will want to use the moment we see them].

I might even buy a Riot if the thing can be used as a filetaxi. But thats another story...
Posted by: loren

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 27/01/2002 02:26

Ditto on that. The only reason i could justify the cost of one would be if i could use it to supply my empeg(s) with tunes. Then i could get rid of the PC i'm using as a music server now and have everything in one nice easy to use box that sits on my stereo where the music belongs anyhow. As it stands... that PC does just about everything the HSX does with a little more prodding of course. They do look pretty bad ass though... i gotta say. Tony gave me a quick demo at his house, and it got me drooling. Empeg integration would tie the knot.

PS... care to drop any hints on what sophistication you are thinking about? =]
Posted by: tfabris

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 27/01/2002 04:12

I have a fear that part of the sophistication may involve SCMS...
Posted by: rob

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 27/01/2002 15:16

Actually I was thinking of positive features.

Rob
Posted by: Taym

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 03/05/2002 04:53

Ok,
Here I am on Rio Receiver too. Now, first of all I want to support this integration between Rico Car and HSX-109 . The reason why I just subscribed to this board is to find out whether I could use the HSX-109 as a mp3 main storage at home and sync it periodically with my empeg/riocar. I'd be more than happy to buy one when that's possible. Before than that, I would just have to independently maintain and update two separated mp3 storage locations, which is definitely not what I want!
Posted by: msaeger

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 21/01/2003 22:33

Wow it doesn't seem like this thing has been around for a year already.
Posted by: dalewoodian

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 20/10/2003 22:48

Almost two years now...
Any updates on this feature since the karma is out?
Posted by: msaeger

Re: HSX-109 and Riot/Car integration. - 20/10/2003 23:36

I think the central has been abandoned since it looks like rio must have sold the stock to a clearance house.