How well would this work?

Posted by: Waterman981

How well would this work? - 08/05/2002 19:29

Would I have any problem running a Y cable to my Amps. I want to use 2 seperate sources into the same amps. So the single end would be in the amp, the 2 ends plugged into the source decks. I am wondering because I want to add DVD navigaion, probably like the Kenwood, with the touchscreen, and I am going to be hiding the other deck, only having the Empeg visible. And DVD movies would suck if it wasn't in DTS!

Re: How well would this work? - 08/05/2002 19:32

Nevermind.... I posted on accident, after I realized what the Sony XA-3911 was.... But still what would everyone reccomend for DVD... the outputs for the empeg are fine... but what about a center channel, and sub... just use a second XA-3911? So I still am wondering with that in mind
Posted by: tfabris

Re: How well would this work? - 08/05/2002 22:43

If you had both DVD and the empeg in the same car, I would do it by running the Empeg into the aux inputs on the dvd system.

Re: How well would this work? - 09/05/2002 14:18

I am currently going Empeg to aux in of my other HU, however, how I want to do my dash will only permit 1 head unit, so using the DVD for the volume control will not work easily. But that may be what I am stuck with doing