jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug?

Posted by: sancho

jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 07/08/2002 14:22

a 'deep paste' with jemplode of one playlist into another playlist marked with 'ignore as child' creates a child playlist marked 'ignore as child'...

wish i would have noticed a lot earlier... i have quite a few playlists with properties which need to be changed...
--
sancho

Posted by: revlmwest

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 07/08/2002 16:04

I can't get your attachment to work.

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 08/08/2002 07:11

the attachment is just an icon i use for jemplode...

i'm not really sure what you are trying to get it to "do"
--
sancho
Posted by: tfabris

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 10/08/2002 00:49

When you copy and paste songs and playlist in Emplode (and also I assume Jemplode as well) you are not creating new copies of those songs and playlists. You are just creating additional links to the original songs and playlists. Hence, any changes you make to one will appear in the other-- they are the same object. This is by design. If you do not wish this to happen, create new playlists from scratch rather than making copies of them. The FAQ entry is here.
Posted by: mschrag

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 10/08/2002 07:18

He was talking about Deep Copy though, which in jEmplode actually makes a duplicate of the playlist (an alternative for people who don't like the FID reference way)....
Posted by: mschrag

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 10/08/2002 07:20

I wish I had a FAQ entry for this. It would have been pretty funny to get the chance to refer tfabris to a FAQ ...
Posted by: tfabris

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 10/08/2002 11:45

Oh, so deep copy is different than copy?
Posted by: bonzi

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 11/08/2002 05:49

http://www.differentpla.net/~roger/empeg/car/v2/shallow_vs_deep_copy.html

Re: jemplode - ignore as child - ?bug? - 11/08/2002 10:18

the original playlist (the one copied) is not set to 'ignore as child'

a regular paste into an 'ignore as child' playlist creates a proper copy... a deep paste into a playlist not marked 'ignore as child' results in a proper copy... etc

only the 'deep paste' into a playlist marked 'ignore as child' creates a playlist marked (i would say improperly marked) 'ignore as child'...
--
sancho
to clarify for those of you whom tony might have confused...