Can't update hijack via ftp

Posted by: loren

Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 12:23

I've been trying for the past 20 minutes to update the hijack kernel to v314 via ftping the new kernel to /proc/empeg_kernel... which has worked for me many times before. I have't had to do it recently becuase i usually just use jemplode to do it automatically at home. But, here at work it won't update through the firewall... and i don't have my serial cable, so i'm stuck doing it ftp style.

It uploads okay, but when i reboot i'm still at v313.

Mark? Anyone?
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 12:28

Just FYI, there's nothing user-facing between v313 and v314. There's a little change to how user apps access the flash savearea, which as far as I know, I'm the only customer for.

So I don't know why you're having the FTP problems, but I can say this is a very unimportant Hijack upgrade unless you're writing a user program.

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 12:30

yeah, no major reason i need to update... just one of those things. It won't work, and i wanna know why =]

Just as a sanity check... when you reboot, you DO see v314 flash up on the screen right?

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 12:36

Yessir. Mark is very good about remembering to update his version numbers. Either that or he's got it scripted, one of the two. I've got 314 on my screen. But don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Posted by: oliver

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 13:22

i upgraded to hijack 314 from 309. I see hijack v313 when my player starts up.

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 13:25

Ah! You're right!

What happened was I originally made the required change to my v313 kernel tree beforehand, and Mark PM'ed me to tell me he was putting it into Hijack v314. I just upped the version number in my own tree so I wouldn't have to bother with applying the official patch. I guess Mark did forget to up the version number this time around.

So Loren, forget what I said, you do have v314, it just doesn't say v314.

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 15:23

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHA! =]
Posted by: mlord

Re: Can't update hijack via ftp - 14/02/2003 22:14

Mmmm.. apologies one and all.. I finally forgot to update the version number..

I believe Linus has only done this about seven times..

Fixed in v315, due out shortly.

Cheers!