Question about installing fidsift.sh

Posted by: rtundo

Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 16:48

OK, I finally figured out how to use windows FTP.EXE to upload via FTP EXCEPT I have one question. Where do I put the file FIDSIFT.SH in windows so FTP.EXE recognizes/finds it. I know it's probably a simple answer but I can't seem to get the FTP program to find it. Arghhh
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 16:52

The easiest thing to do would be to change your current directory in the DOS box to where fidshift.sh exists before running ftp.exe.

That is, do:

c: (or d: or whatever to get on the right drive)
cd \This\is\where\you\extracted\the\file

Re: Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 17:03

Thanks, tried that, worked perfectly. Once I got the file loaded I typed "chmod 0755 fidsift.sh"
It came up as a bad command. Is this needed?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 17:05

Try it without the zero.

Re: Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 17:11

FAQ master, you'd be proud. Went to the FAQs (although admittedly after posting the question first) and found out that LITERAL SITE is used before chmod. After typing this it worked fine.

Thanks!
Posted by: mlord

Re: Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 19:31

The zero is normally required, as it identifies the numeric value as being in Octal notation. But with Hijack, I forget.. it might just be ignored.

Cheers
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Question about installing fidsift.sh - 03/12/2003 19:57

I've never seen it required of a chmod command (that is, it is required when programming in C, much to my continual chagrin ), and I've been doing sysadmin for ten years or so.