Serial Commands from Telnet?

Posted by: SonicSnoop

Serial Commands from Telnet? - 09/03/2004 22:13

Is it possible to somehow pass serial commands to the player from a telnet session or bash script? I tried searching for this but couldnt find it.. If I missed it please point me to it Thanks!
Posted by: cushman

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 10/03/2004 07:37

echo "n" > /proc/empeg_notify

(skips to next song)
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 10/03/2004 08:05

For more commands you can send using the mechanism Mark describes above, clicky clicky. List may be slightly incomplete or outdated, but most of them should work.

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 10/03/2004 12:44

Thanks for the reply. I thought that should be it, But I keep trying and no command will work for me that way. Really I just need a way to change the volume up and down one notch from a bash script. and I tried " echo "x" > /proc/empeg_notify and I tried + in place of x nothing, also tried " " for play, and "n" for next track same. I have notify=1 in my config.ini .. I can do the whole popup 3 message and it works. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Posted by: mlord

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 10/03/2004 16:03

echo "button=VolUp" >/proc/empeg_notify

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 11/03/2004 06:21

Thank you, I will give that a shot later, but considering you compiled this kernel im sure it works

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 11/03/2004 16:05

Works great! Thanks! Is there any way I can also cancel the popup message for volume when I issue that? not for all volume changes just from the console.. Thanks
Posted by: mlord

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 11/03/2004 17:13

I don't know of a way to prevent the volume popup.

Re: Serial Commands from Telnet? - 11/03/2004 17:36

ok Thanks