hijack splash screen

Posted by: Rezolution

hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 13:24

I installed hijack about a week ago. When I started my player up two nights ago, it was always the same splash screen as it has been, the little penguin waving. Last night I was messing around with the raw visual file. All I can say is THANK GOD I HAD THE DEVELOPERS IMAGE INSTALLED. I somehow renamed it to .RAW instead of .raw and this caused the player to just keep rebooting, over and over and over. I read all the faqs about how you "q" to a promt and read some faqs about how to rename files in hyper terminal. Now after I renamed the file back to what it should be, my player rebooted, but NOW I HAVE A HIJACK SPLASH SCREEN. When I boot my player (at home or in the car) I get a hijack message overlayed over my EMPEG penguin logo. How do I turn this back off???????
Posted by: Nosferatu

Re: hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 13:54

What's the message ?

Is it an error message ?

Boot your player with the terminal to see Hijak serial error message

Re: hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 13:57

I dont think it's an error message, it is just poping up saying I'm using the hijack kernal, I think...
Posted by: tonyc

Re: hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 13:57

The only "splash screen" Hijack shows is a little popup window that lasts maybe a quarter second. You should still have the waving penguin behind that popup window, and the popup should disappear well before that penguin stops waving.

*unless* you somehow changed the boot-up logo to be the "Rio Digital Audio" logo which means that you somehow changed the logo area of flash. Using tfabris' logo editor you can change that and get back to the waving penguin.

Hard to tell from your message exactly which predicament you're in though.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 15:05

You can always install one of the official empeg ".upgrade" files onto the player and it will put everything back to normal. It won't hurt your music stored on the player.

Re: hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 15:21

I'm thinking that may be the best thing to do.... Maybe a final version of 2.0 will come out and I can just put that on!!!!!

Posted by: muzza

Re: hijack splash screen - 06/02/2002 15:47

I don't think you can wait that long.