a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32

Posted by: Draghtnod

a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32 - 19/03/2002 07:19

it would be a nice feature if i could flash the newest hijack manually per zImage... because i cant connect to the i-net and the empeg at one time so the automatic hijack update doesnt work...
i know.. i have to use tonys logoedit but connecting the empeg to the com everytime suxx
Posted by: sancho

Re: a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32 - 19/03/2002 08:35

use ftp...

replace "empeg_kernel" in /proc with newest zimage

this is in the FAQ
--
sancho
Posted by: mschrag

Re: a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32 - 19/03/2002 08:54

You can -- In Tools... Options ... Turn on "Use Hijack when Possible" (which is the default now) and turn off "Autoupdate Hijack". Then go to Tools... Upgrade Empeg and select "Hijack Kernel" pulldown and fill in the path to the zImage.

Mike
Posted by: frog51

Re: a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32 - 19/03/2002 09:17

Thanks for that, Mike. I was having the same problem - I didn't realise I had to change 2 settings to do it. FTP is not a useful option for me, so I have been using a script to do it through the serial port. It works and it's pretty quick and easy (I just click on my shortcut) but I like the idea of sub 10 second installs.
Posted by: justinlarsen

Re: a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32 - 19/03/2002 10:14

its never fast enough for you people
Posted by: frog51

Re: a liddl usefull wish for jEmplode 32 - 20/03/2002 02:25

A lot of my speed wishes come down to the attention span of my 19 month old son. If he gets bored, trouble ensues and he usually wants to use my computer and not his own