Flickering when bootup anim playing

Posted by: snoopstah

Flickering when bootup anim playing - 23/05/2002 12:41

Hey,

Just recently decided to get rid of the Hijack penguin bootup animation, and replace it with one of the Pioneer ones - cut it down to 30 frames, and uploaded. Now, whenever the player switches on, I get flickerings of the 'Rio Car initialising tuner...' etc. etc. bit popping up in front of the anim for a second or two.

I don't know if this is to do with the animation, or because I updated to Hijack 267 at approximately the same time, but it seems to happen every time the animation plays. Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,

A.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Flickering when bootup anim playing - 23/05/2002 13:31

The animation is too long. Cut it down to 30 frames or less.

For those Pioneer animations, this means deleteing every other frame.

Re: Flickering when bootup anim playing - 23/05/2002 13:33

Wait, you said you cut it down to 30 frames.

Oh wait, if there's only one or two flashes, that's a known thing in Hijack, it does that to me. It's because he made a longer startup delay. He should cut that back again.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Flickering when bootup anim playing - 23/05/2002 17:22

Did the longer delay cure your Empeg, Tony?

Thanks (email reply is most likely to be noticed)

Re: Flickering when bootup anim playing - 23/05/2002 17:27

I have not had a repeat of the "missing startup animation" since the delay was implemented. However, it was very intermittent to begin with so I can't be sure.

Perhaps a delay time that's only slightly longer than the default is what's called for here?
Posted by: mlord

Re: Flickering when bootup anim playing - 23/05/2002 17:30

I'm thinking of just redoing that whole sequence someday.. (late June?). The Hijack pop-up should disappear at that point.

Cheers
Posted by: suomi35

Re: Flickering when bootup anim playing - 27/05/2002 07:41

I did the same as you , upgrade to hijack 267 and change boot anim back to the original empeg anim. My problem occurs only on reboot...the whole screen gets flooded with a strange pattern right at the beginning. It's just a cosmetic issue on my end, but it does not happen if I cycle power, only when I reboot.