Hijack HTTP

Posted by: BartDG

Hijack HTTP - 26/05/2002 13:35

Since I've discovered Hijack's HTTP server I've been using it on a daily basis.

But there something I would like it to do that I don't think it does (yet). If it already does I'll go and sit in the corner and keep my mouth shut.

I would like it very much if it were possible to 'Cue' tracks. Now, when selecting a track and I click 'stream' the track starts playing. If I'm fast enough I can even click three tracks, but that's it. Wouldn't it be possible to add a sort of 'add to cue' button that enables me to cue my tracks ?

And while I'm at it : A way to sort the tracks alphabetically sure would be nice too.

Posted by: beaker

Re: Hijack HTTP - 26/05/2002 15:50

If you're using Winamp (it'll probably work with others too) just drag the link onto the Winamp playlist window and it'll add it to the playlist. Hope this helps.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Hijack HTTP - 26/05/2002 15:52

At the moment, there isn't a way for Hijack to do perform an "Insert" or "append" (this is the player's nomenclature for the "cue" you requested) via serial commands (which is how Hijack plays tracks).

However, the specific feature you asked for has been requested of the development team (the ability to insert or append from serial commands). I do not know if/when this feature will appear.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Hijack HTTP - 26/05/2002 15:54

I just reread the original post and realized that you were asking for it to do this in your STREAM from http, not as an HTTP command to tell the player what to do. Sorry. My comment was for the commands to play on the player.

Re: Hijack HTTP - 27/05/2002 02:35

Yes Beaker, though this is not exactly what I'm looking for, it's a very good option until Mark adds a button to to the "?playlists" screen that allows cueing (I hope). And yes, I'm using Winamp, how did you guess?
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Hijack HTTP - 27/05/2002 03:19

Have you tried chaning winamp's setting to "enque as default action"? My network isn't up as I'm moving tomorrow, so I can't test it out, but it might work how you want it to.

Matthew

Re: Hijack HTTP - 27/05/2002 03:43

Ah, that sounds like a good idea! But where can I enable that ? I don't know this option. I've just browsed through all the menus and I can't seem to find it.

BTW, I'm using v2.80, not beta 3.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Hijack HTTP - 27/05/2002 08:26

It's in the latest internal beta..
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Hijack HTTP - 27/05/2002 10:01

Preference > Setup > File Types. One of the bottom right hand corner checkboxes... It's actualy a great option that I always use... When I use winamp I almost always want to build a playlist, so it's just easier.

Matthew

Re: Hijack HTTP - 27/05/2002 12:13

Found it! Thanks, I'll give it a shot!