Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations

Posted by: snoopstah

Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 18/06/2002 12:24

Hey,

Just got a Pioneer steering wheel remote, and have configured one of the buttons to perform the 'hush' command when pressed (I've not defined a long-press action for the button)

Very occasionally, when I press this 'hush' button, the player pauses instead (which is presumably related to the fact that hush is a long press of the play/pause button on the original remote). Is this a known issue?

The command I'm using in the config is:

AD520B=Hush

Cheers,

A.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 28/06/2002 10:38

Mmm.. I'll increase the longpress delay by 10% in Hijack v278. Let me know if you ever see this again after installing v278 or later (not released yet, though).

Cheers

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 29/06/2002 14:01

Will do - haven't had time to check yet, but I'll keep you posted (either way).

Thanks Mark!

A.
Posted by: tms13

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 03/07/2002 11:55

Does this apply to the synthetic long-press used in the Countdown Timer's "Toggle Standby" action? I sometimes wake to find the player in Aux mode...

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 03/07/2002 13:48

Yeah, it applies to ALL longpresses that Hijack processes.

Cheers

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 04/07/2002 06:12

OK, well, I still get the effect when I first switch on the player. The button I'm referring to operates the 'hush' command - sometimes when I get back in the car after having it in the house, the volume seems too loud, and I hit the hush button probably less than 5-10 seconds after the empeg starts playing. In this case, the empeg still interprets this as a 'pause' command about 75% of the time.

However, I've been unable to get it to do this with the new Hijack after these 10 or so seconds have elapsed (and the empeg is presumably doing less, and hence more responsive to button-presses?). So the update has fixed the general problem, but it still occurs in a specific instance.

Many thanks,

A.

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 04/07/2002 08:06

Okay, I guess we'll leave it at that. There's no way for Hijack to know just how delayed the player is by disk activity.

Cheers
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 04/07/2002 09:13

OK, well, I still get the effect when I first switch on the player.

There is a known bug in the 2.0 beta 11 player software, where the all inputs behave in a very sluggish way immediately after boot time. This appears to be unrelated to Hijack. If you're having problems with a macro not responding properly at boot time, then it's likely that when this bug is fixed, your macro will start working again.

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 04/07/2002 09:13

No, of course. That's more than good enough - thanks for making the change!

Cheers,

A.
Posted by: tms13

Re: Slight glitch using Hijack IR translations - 05/07/2002 04:11

In reply to:

There is a known bug in the 2.0 beta 11 player software, where the all inputs behave in a very sluggish way immediately after boot time

I see it whenever the disk icon is active - I guess that just after boot is just one example of a time when disks are active.