Faster Sync's..... Thank you!

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Faster Sync's..... Thank you! - 21/06/2002 10:46

A long time ago, I compared USB to Ethernet performance and found that USB was just about as fast and far more conveinient. Once 2.00betaX came along, I tried again and found Ethernet to only be marginally faster (because the real wait was for the database rebuild). Well, now that I've got a LAN at home, I've been using Ethernet exclusively. Most of my sync's are done late at night and I unplug the player the next morning, but today I actually sat there and WOW is this thing fast now! I think it must be a combo of the latest empeg software and of HiJack because even the database rebuild is faster now (and the file transfers as well.)

I just wanted to say THANK YOU and let you know that the work hasn't gone unnoticed!
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: Faster Sync's..... Thank you! - 21/06/2002 11:44

What he said

Since I started using my linksys router, it's been awsome!!!!

My deep appreciation as well.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Faster Sync's..... Thank you! - 28/06/2002 10:41

v2beta is way faster (over ethernet) than the older software was.

And JEmplode is apparently faster than Emplode (?).

And new Hijack versions include a slight optimization intended to speed up database sync operations.

Soo.. the combination of all of the above seems to speed things up quite noticeably compared to the old 1.0x software.

Cheers
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Faster Sync's..... Thank you! - 28/06/2002 10:43

Well thank you! I used to go take a nap then mow the lawn while waiting for the database rebuild.... now it is very fast! I think some work in the next release will make CPU usage lower too...
Posted by: csf

Re: Faster Sync's..... Thank you! - 28/06/2002 12:07

But it will still take me a day or so to sync it with my music backup.