Forester STi install

Posted by: frog51

Forester STi install - 20/04/2009 17:49

Finally got around to it today. 640 Watt amp under the driver seat as per my Impreza install previously, and some Dremel work done on the non-DIN dash! (Thanks to Mark Lord for a bit of guidance and reassurance on this bit!)

Came out alright, but I do need to just touch up the edges with some acrylic paint:

My Picasa album for the Foz install
Posted by: mlord

Re: Forester STi install - 20/04/2009 18:23

Good to see another properly equipped Forester out there!

smile
Posted by: FieroSTi

Re: Forester STi install - 20/04/2009 22:00

You guys get Forester STis? Lame...I'm stuck with a 2.5X over here. Don't get me wrong, I love it...but I'd prefer the STi, obviously.

Re: Forester STi install - 21/04/2009 05:50

Originally Posted By: FieroSTi
You guys get Forester STis? Lame...I'm stuck with a 2.5X over here. Don't get me wrong, I love it...but I'd prefer the STi, obviously.

Not officially here in the UK - but Litchfield import them, give them a bit of a boost and then are happy to keep tweaking them.

Where are you based? Bound to be someone who will import these babies.
Posted by: LittleBlueThing

Re: Forester STi install - 21/04/2009 08:27

have you got some off-cut from the dash?
If so you may want to try melting it instead of painting it.

Run the (old!) tip of a soldering iron over it and see if that gets rid of the white and smooths it down...

Just an idea smile
Posted by: mlord

Re: Forester STi install - 21/04/2009 12:49

I think a larger hot edge/surface might work even better -- eg. an old/discarded clothes iron, or heated metal bar. Tricky to keep a straight line on the edge when using smaller tools.

Re: Forester STi install - 21/04/2009 13:34

I will have a play with the off-cut. Not sure how well it will work with this one though - the plastic is a light colour, with a general grey paint over it all, but then a thick layer of soft black on the front surface. Not sure what it is, but it feels like the old Thinkpads used to (y'know, before they became Lenovo) so I have a feeling that may melt back quite quickly.

Will let you know how the experiment goes.

Cheers guys

Re: Forester STi install - 25/04/2009 16:11

Originally Posted By: frog51

Where are you based? Bound to be someone who will import these babies.

Western New York, here...I'm sure somebody does import them, but then again I could always do an engine swap into my 2.5X and call it a day, haha.

Re: Forester STi install - 26/04/2009 17:40

Check out the mods folks have done at the Forester bulletin board - turning mostly normal Foresters into STi-alikes pretty successfully.

Re: Forester STi install - 02/05/2009 05:46

Wow...had no idea that forum existed, haha. Thanks!