Easy install for most 90's honda's.

Posted by: acurasquirrel

Easy install for most 90's honda's. - 08/02/2002 14:30

If you have a honda and the stereo has a nice pocket below he is a simple way to install the empeg. Took me about 20 min and looks flawless. http://www.team-integra.net/ti/elec/radio-install-01.asp
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Easy install for most 90's honda's. - 08/02/2002 17:56

that's about what I did with my VW (the spacer part) except I have a head unit on the bottom instead of the tape
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Easy install for most 90's honda's. - 08/02/2002 21:54

Or you can just get a Metra kit that will give you a better (more secure) fit. I did install the original pocket when I had installedd my old Clarion back in 96. I did a better job than shown on that site though. I actually managed to use the metal clips on the pocket. Though when I installed for a friend later that summer, I did the duct tape trick.

This time around I have both a new Clarion head unit and the empeg, so there's no pocket. I did use duct tape with the cages of the two units though.

Bruno
Posted by: acurasquirrel

Re: Easy install for most 90's honda's. - 09/02/2002 15:03

That metra kit is a piece had one on my old honda accord and I hated it. Plus this looks alot better than some aftermarket kit and saves me $$$.
Posted by: mardibloke

Re: Easy install for most 90's honda's. - 12/02/2002 07:07

UK 1992 4th Gen RHD Prelude did not need any spacers, Empeg sled fitted just fine into console.