Sony "switch" for sale

Posted by: dionysus

Sony "switch" for sale - 09/01/2000 14:15

As I mentioned before, I have a sony switching unit which allows you to switch between two audio sources for sale... Make me an offer. You can email me at mrahm(at)mse.ufl.edu
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 09/01/2000 14:22

hmm.. the picture didn't come through, so here it is again:

Posted by: MRHJr

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 10/01/2000 22:21

Thanks for the posting, but I have to ask how much retail cost is.
It appears to be two channel only, and I would have to buy two, to make my system work, not to mention subwoofer output.I wonder if Sony makes a four channel? Any idea?
Just trying to get ideas in preparation for March:-)

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 10/01/2000 22:25

actually, it's four channel; you just can't tell with the picture....

I'm honestly not sure how much it's worth... I paid $150 installed for it about 3 years ago...
-mark

Posted by: tfabris

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 10/01/2000 22:34

I'm confused as to what kind of setup would require a switching unit like this. Since the Empeg has an Aux In, and most head units also have Aux Ins, in what situation would one require this?

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 10/01/2000 22:36

...It'd be helpful in situations where the Empeg might not be in the car at all times.. would allow the other head unit to be used in the absense of the empeg.
-mark

Posted by: Mark Miller

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 21/01/2000 01:44

It is a wonderful device! I have a Kenwood Excellon PS907 CD/tuner set as my primary source and use the Empeg as the alternate source (both in the dash.) The Empeg's aux connects to a RCA to male miniplug that terminates in my center console where I can hook up a portable minidisc or even a cassette walkman. All these options are only possible because of the tiny automatic Sony switchbox.

When I slide the Empeg out, the Sony switches to the other head unit. It works on the "amp feed line" outputs. If I turn on the other head unit, the Sony will also switch to it. I turn it off to return to the Empeg.

Also, I have music even without the empeg.

Regards,
Mark

--> Get paid to surf the web! http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=CCI498
Posted by: Mark Miller

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 21/01/2000 01:47

Its also useful for head units that can't handle the empegs 4 volts. Or for head units that have a CD controller port instead of an AUX in.

Regards,
Mark

--> Get paid to surf the web! http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=CCI498
Posted by: Les

Re: Sony "switch" for sale - 23/02/2000 13:40

I appreciate finding out about this switch, but I couldn't make out the model or product number from the picture. Does anyone know the number for this item so I can have my installer get one?

Thanks