Some feedback on an amp?

Posted by: Sheetzam

Some feedback on an amp? - 17/03/2002 17:24

So I just purchased an amp on Ubid: an a/d/s 625x 6 channel amp. I've searched everywhere on the internet for info on this amp, and found nothing. I've found plenty about other a/d/s amps, and this is what caused me to gamble on this one (that, and the $109 price).
So, my question is, has anyone any experience with this, or other a/d/s amps?
Posted by: spider

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 17/03/2002 18:15

a/d/s is nice. what model? specs etc.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 17/03/2002 19:01

an a/d/s 625x 6 channel amp.

Unless a/d/s has changed their nomenclature, you have a six channel amplifier, 25 watts per channel, 150 watts total. This is NOT a model that is currently in production, thus your difficulty with finding any information.

a/d/s is considered to be pretty high-end, and if you got yours for $109 (and it works OK) you have gotten a real bargain.

All of the amps and speakers in the new system I am putting into my ShoWagon will be a/d/s.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 19/03/2002 12:59

Doug

What's your opinion of a/d/s/ versus mb quart?

Calvin
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 19/03/2002 13:35

What's your opinion of a/d/s/ versus mb quart?

MB Quart is awesome. However... MB Quart is now owned by Rockford Fosgate and production has been moved to Arizona. Rockford Fosgate has never been known for audio quality (audio quantity has been their forte) and I don't expect this attitude to change. They will market MB Quart for all it's worth until people catch on that it isn't the same product that it used to be, and then MB Quart will fade away.

That said, the owner of the stereo shop that does my work went to the consumer electronics show in Las Vegas and spent enough time with a/d/s to decide to pick up the distributorship for Alaska, and he claims that a/d/s is the best he ever heard. Take this for what it's worth -- he is not exactly unbiased, and his idea of a great in-car stereo system is anything that can produce more than 150 decibels. (His 40,000 watt dually truck has hit 169.6 in competition) [soapbox] Please note that it is a dually truck, not a duelly, or a duly or any of the other hideous mis-spellings that people use. The derivation of the word comes from the fact that it is a dual-wheel rear axle truck, thus dually. [/soapbox]

I will let you know how my a/d/s system works out.

tanstaafl.

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 19/03/2002 14:57

Reason why I wonder is I have a/d/s/ speakers. At the time of selection, they were the best ones I heard, but I didn't have MB Quart for comparison. The a/d/s/ high end tends on the sharp side, which is what I also heard of the MB Quarts. But not having heard a pair of MB Quarts I can't really know which is better or not.

Calvin
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 19/03/2002 15:57

Please note that it is a dually truck, not a duelly, or a duly or any of the other hideous mis-spellings that people use. The derivation of the word comes from the fact that it is a dual-wheel rear axle truck, thus dually

Noted. Noted.
Posted by: acurasquirrel

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 19/03/2002 20:14

I got myself a pair of the MB Quarts while they were still made in Germany and the sound is amazing. Coupled with my JL 12" in a custom trunk enclosure my SQ is amazing well at least compared to most of my friends "bumpin" rides. Funny thing is, is that my stereo could be as loud if I turned up the volume but I dont feel the need

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 20/03/2002 12:07

Very interesting. I also have JL Audio subs. Stop copying off me. :-p

Calvin

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 20/03/2002 12:09

Well, if it's a dual-wheeled axle truck, should it not be a dualle or a dualwhee?

LOL!

Calvin "ducking!"
Posted by: Yang

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 20/03/2002 12:25

I thought it's dualee.. But I'm wrong... It appears that Dually is the most common.. But, as it's slang, you can spell it doolie if you wanted to..
Posted by: dodgecowboy

Re: Some feedback on an amp? - 20/03/2002 14:52

Its no longer slang, it is a common term used by Manufacturers and drivers alike.