Create Playlist on Empeg

Posted by: Cougar

Create Playlist on Empeg - 01/09/2000 17:32

I wish I could create a playlist direct on the empeg. If someone drive with me and she/he say: "Oh, I like this song and this song and this .......so I could type a button to select the playlist and type PIN 1, PIN 6, PIN 10......and it will create a temporary playlist for me. Otherwise I have to select the first song...if it is finished, I have to select the next song..if it is finished........You see the problem?

Cougar

Posted by: tfabris

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 01/09/2000 18:08

I wish I could create a playlist direct on the empeg. If someone drive with me and she/he say: "Oh, I like this song and this song and this

You can do this right now. When you go into the "search by title" screen, if you press the CD-MD-CH button on the remote, it changes from "search by title" to "append by title".

So, here's what you would do:

When your passenger says "I like Don Henley's 'Dirty Laundry'", you do a search-by-title on that name. It starts playing Dirty Laundry, and it's essentially a one-song playlist.

Then your passenger says "I also like Steely Dan's 'FM'", you do an append-by-title while Dirty Laundry is still playing. Now you have a playlist with two songs: Dirty Laundry and FM.

Then when your passenger says "Do you have 'Land Down Under' by Men at Work?", you do an append by title, and now your playlist has three songs.

You can keep doing this for as many songs as you like.

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 02/09/2000 17:30

Oh, cool, I didn't see this feature.

Thanks tfabris

Cougar

Posted by: teemcbee

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 04/09/2000 05:44

But this playlist is really temporary - as long as you don't change to a different playlist or you do a search without append, right?

TeeMcBee
Got my Mk2! # 080000143
Posted by: altman

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 04/09/2000 07:50

Yes, but with bookmarks (in 1.1) you can save the temporary playlist and get it back too...

Hugo

Posted by: tfabris

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 04/09/2000 10:15

Yes, but with bookmarks (in 1.1) you can save the temporary playlist and get it back too...

Rob's right- if you keep giving away upcoming features, Rob won't be able to announce anything special when 1.1 comes out.

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 04/09/2000 10:50

In reply to:

Rob's right- if you keep giving away upcoming features, Rob won't be able to announce anything special when 1.1 comes out.

(shhhh - let him talk :)

MK2: 36gb
Tivo: 90gb
CPU: 120gb
...I think drive manufacturers love me!

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 04/09/2000 11:36

Is anyone keeping track / have a list somewhere???

Paul G.
Q# 15189
Posted by: rob

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 04/09/2000 12:57

Actually these are all trick spoilers, to throw you off the scent. The truth is, well, you can't handle the truth, you non truth handling people!

Rob

Posted by: teemcbee

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 05/09/2000 00:46

By the way - what timeframe do you have for the 1.1?

TeeMcBee
Got my Mk2! # 080000143
Posted by: altman

Re: Create Playlist on Empeg - 05/09/2000 01:56

Depends on how testing goes, but <4 weeks hopefully.

Hugo