v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification

Posted by: Kit

v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification - 30/08/2001 11:59

I was wondering if any of the empeg folks could shed some light on what we can expect from the displays in v2.0. (Or perhaps anyone who got a sneak peak at one of the user meets).

My ideal display is one that shows the title/author/source/date along with Date/Time, how far we are into the track, and the bitrate of the current mpeg frame.

I have read from other posts that the clock in v2.0 will only be visible in a dedicated clock visual, and not on the main track display.

If this is the case I will work on a new version of my clock hack to ensure that it doesn't pop up in other visuals as it does now, and work on using /dev/empeg_state to compute the current FID and display the bitrate info of the current track.

-Kit

Posted by: rob

Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification - 30/08/2001 12:04

In 2.0 the clock is one of the timer modes:

Track Remaining
Track Elapsed
Playlist Remaining
Playlist Elapsed
Total Remaining
Total Elapsed
Clock

These are toggled using the Time (1) button.

Rob

Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification - 30/08/2001 12:26

Cool. I think the only issue that leaves is making sure there is easy access to the system clock for those of use without RDS clock in the tuner view.

Installed my tuner last night and didn't find a single RDS station in San Diego.

-Kit

Posted by: Roger

Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification - 30/08/2001 16:34

My ideal display is one that shows the title/author/source/date along with Date/Time, how far we are into the track, and the bitrate of the current mpeg frame.

And just how many pixels do you think we have to play with?

In v2.0, the track info visual displays title/author/source/year. The time or elapsed time is available as a time mode (as Rob says). The bitrate of the current frame is not available anywhere. The average bitrate of the track is available in the extended track info screen (hold down the info button on a Rio remote).

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification - 30/08/2001 23:22

Heh, that just gave me a nifty idea. There are various VFD and LCD displays that come pre-packaged with a nice serial interface. That could make a perfect combo for use with the serial port while docked in the car.

If you have a double din slot in your car you could have a display #2!

Would eliminate the need for a display overlay driver.

-Kit