searching for player screen

Posted by: Liufeng

searching for player screen - 18/10/2001 19:56

Ok, I think this has been suggested (a long time ago) but here goes anyway:

If I have one empeg on one connection then why do I have to hit ok at the player selection screen? Can't this be simplified to a option in Emplode?

Tom

Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119
Posted by: tfabris

Re: searching for player screen - 18/10/2001 20:04

If I have one empeg on one connection then why do I have to hit ok at the player selection screen?

Because it's still searching for other devices. You might not be able to see the little waggling flashlight animation any more, but it's still searching.

Remember, Emplode is going to be used for other products other than the car player. Even if it weren't, you might have more than one player plugged in. The point is that some people might see several different things on that screen, and they don't always appear instantly. Emplode has no idea how long it will take for product x to respond to the ethernet broadcast messages, so there's no point when it can confidently stop searching and assume that you've only got one device.

Re: searching for player screen - 18/10/2001 21:42

Maybe they could have an option to select that you only have 1 player so you don't have to click ok each time. They could probably tie it to the serial number or Mac address.

Posted by: muzza

Re: searching for player screen - 18/10/2001 22:47

maybe you could hit 'OK'?

Murray
new styleee
Posted by: Roger

Re: searching for player screen - 19/10/2001 05:49

Yeah, see this. Obviously, I've had to censor it slightly...

-- roger