next beta

Posted by: smu

next beta - 25/10/2001 15:10

Hi.

This is just a note that all those FI(T)NR comments on this BBS really made me think: "When is that NR going to be released?"
IOW: What is your intended release frequency for new betas? If you don't have any specific intention in this regard, do you have a specific intention for the next beta release only?

cu,
sven
Posted by: loren

Re: next beta - 25/10/2001 15:25

It was said in another thread (this one) that they are releasing the next beta to the alpha team tonight... so it'll be very soon.
Posted by: Taym

Re: next beta - 25/10/2001 17:12

I love this, I just love it...
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: next beta - 25/10/2001 17:33

It was said in another thread ...that they are releasing the next beta to the alpha team tonight... so it'll be very soon.

Maybe a small delay -- Tony found a "show stopper" in 2.00 Beta 4. Not a real difficult one to fix, but the software can't be released the way it is.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: next beta - 25/10/2001 17:39

Thanks, Doug. I just got them calmed down, and now you go stir them up again.

For the record, Doug found it, too, so you can go beat down his door this time. Simple thing which prevented the Emplode installer from actually installing. Will be corrected tomorrow.
Posted by: synergy

Re: next beta - 27/10/2001 20:11

I just got them calmed down, and now you go stir them up again.

Pull out the Squid!!!!!!!

Posted by: bonzi

Re: next beta - 28/10/2001 13:52

Pull out the Squid!!!!!!!

Why do these people keep talking about superconducting quantum interferometric devices? They are too small to do Tony any harm... Perhaps you want to freeze him? And those Dewars are quite heavy... Live squid? How could interferometric device be alive? I mean, we are very far from bouilding sentient computers, quantum or otherwise! Ah, that squid! Blah, I thought this was a high-tech forum...
Posted by: synergy

Re: next beta - 28/10/2001 20:55

Ah, that squid! Blah, I thought this was a high-tech forum.

You haven't seen tech unless you've seen genetically enhanced squid typing C++ code.... 10 arms... They are a pain in the ass to debug, simply from the amount of code they generate.

Now, the less proficient squids... The VB coders, if you will, are the ones we were planning on using against the alpha team... The C++ ones are much too valuable...
Posted by: muzza

Re: next beta - 29/10/2001 21:18

An million genetically enhanced squid typing code could probably do a better job than the M$ team on XP

and faster!