To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus

Posted by: tonyc

To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus - 27/02/2002 19:17

Plain and simple:

Is a vertical playlist menu totally out of the question for a future release? There are many convincing arguments for it, and I've seen what appears to be a deliberate effort to avoid commenting publicly on this request. That could mean it's under development and it's a surprise feature, or it could mean that the team has decided it's not negotiable and will not be considered. Which is it?

I've about a 3:1 ratio of people who favor vertical to those who think the current horizontal is better. Now I know this isn't a democracy, and we're counting on your copious spare time to make the software better, but can we at least hear a "yes, no, maybe" on this request? If it's totally not negotiable then we can save our effort in discussing it... If it's under consideration then I'd like to hear something to that effect.
Posted by: peter

Re: To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus - 28/02/2002 04:14

That could mean it's under development and it's a surprise feature, or it could mean that the team has decided it's not negotiable and will not be considered. Which is it?

It certainly won't be considered for 2.0 -- it's a huge change.

Peter

Re: To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus - 28/02/2002 07:15

I didn't ask if it's being considered for 2.0.. I was asking if it was under consideration for the future. Of course introducing a new feature like that for 2.0 at this stage would be ridiculous... Come on, I've been here since mid-1999, give me some credit...
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus - 28/02/2002 13:58

I also would like to see a vertical selector for playlists and tunes. I really like the now and next screen for skipping through the music *because* it is vertical and shows all the stuff coming up clearly.

Calvin
Posted by: rob

Re: To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus - 01/03/2002 11:22

There's no formal design or even wishlist for post 2.0 yet.

Rob

Re: To the Empeg guys, re: vertical playlist menus - 01/03/2002 11:29

Well, thanks for responding... I hope vertical playlist menus are at least on the radar when that time comes.