shuffle off and playlist position

Posted by: Henno

shuffle off and playlist position - 14/10/1999 00:23

Besides music, I have novels and plays stored on the empeg to take a break from music on long drives.
I really miss two facilities to support listening to plays, opera's and alike:

a) an extra play list property to not shuffle a playlist. Current options allow us to set a play list to always be shuffled, but there is no option to do the opposite. I mostly play albums and music lists in random order, so the empeg is set with the shuffle option 'on', but I'lll never want to randomly play the tracks of a novel, opera, or symphony.

b) the capability to store the current position in a playlist,that will allow me to continue from that position some other time. Ten or so memory positions (with PIN??) would be perfect.

Henno

Posted by: schofiel

Re: shuffle off and playlist position - 14/10/1999 01:16

> but I'lll never want to randomly play the tracks of a novel, opera, or
> symphony

Hoi Henno -

You could set the properties for the playlist containing the tracks for a play to be "Play as single track" (I think) which is under the second tab of a playlist's properties (right click on playlist icon).

"Marking" a track is definitely a good idea - but I suspect it's a long way off.

Posted by: mac

Re: shuffle off and playlist position - 14/10/1999 01:49

The simplest way of doing this with the current player is never to play the empeg-car playlist. On my player I have a lot of test files, some comedy and stuff. I've got a top level playlist called Mix that directly or indirectly contains all the music I would like to hear when playing stuff randomly.

In the future there will be a number of ways round this problem. Wait and see :-)

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)
Posted by: Henno

Re: shuffle off and playlist position - 15/10/1999 09:37

Hi Rob,

Setting all the tracks to 'play at once' will work, but finding back the place where you left off, would be very difficult, as you can't go backwards/forwards by track any longer.

Note to Mac:
you wrote;

In the future there will be a number of ways round this problem. Wait and see :-)

Is it that hard to set a 'no shuffle' tag to a playlist when a 'do shuffle' is already in?? Can you rebuild my (high) expectations in you empeg wizards and elaborate a bit on what you mean with 'work 'round this problem?

Henno