emplode or jempeg onboard

Posted by: danthep

emplode or jempeg onboard - 13/06/2002 23:39

So, the empeg should have a built in mini smb file server that serves up jemplode and / or emplode so that you can just plug the empeg into your travelling companions TiBook and have their tunes up and running on your empeg with no internet connection hastles.

Posted by: smu

Re: emplode or jempeg onboard - 14/06/2002 04:01

Hi.

While samba on the empeg is doable, I don't think it is really desirable, because it is a space hog (even in a cut-down version). However, the solution is still there at your fingertips: Using HiJack's FTP- and/or HTTP-Servers, you can store a copy of jEmpeg on the empeg and download it to whatever player it should run on (as long as that player has a JVM installed). The same applies to Emplode, but in the Emplode case, you will probably still have to install it on the target machine via its installer. I don't know wether it will run without being properly installed.

cu,
sven
Posted by: mschrag

Re: emplode or jempeg onboard - 14/06/2002 05:11

I've also tinkered with the idea of making jEmplode run as an applet launched from an HTML file on the Empeg, so you wouldn't have to manually download/install/run on your PC.
Posted by: mlord

Re: emplode or jempeg onboard - 14/06/2002 06:24

Yeah, I remember suggesting this as well.

So.. when?
Posted by: danthep

Re: emplode or jempeg onboard - 28/06/2002 19:15

ya, that'd be sweet, have to install that hijack thing thou i guess
Posted by: anti

Re: emplode or jempeg onboard - 01/07/2002 02:23

I've had a matching emlode/jemplode version on my empeg since I first installed hijack.

Just download it via http.
Posted by: mlord

Re: emplode or jempeg onboard - 01/07/2002 07:40

Yes, that's halfway there for sure.

But since JEmplode is written in Java, what many of us have been asking for is an Applet version of JEmplode, that can be run from a webbrowser (instead of downloaded and then run from Windows).

This way, we could just point and click from any web-enabled device to run JEmplode off the player.

Cheers