RDS in 6a broken?

Posted by: Clarke

RDS in 6a broken? - 22/09/1999 14:27

I know that I used to get RDS information with Beta 6. I was driving into work this morning and I came to the realization that I haven't seen an RDS indication in a while now. So I tuned to each of the stations I have preset. I know several of them broadcast RDS information, none of the stations that I tuned brought up the RDS indicator. Nor did any of the other stations I manually tuned.

So is this another example of I haven't played with enough stations or is the RDS broken in 6a? My recollection is that the indicator came up very fast once I tuned a station. I waited at least 30-45 seconds per station before moving on to the next.

Cheers,

=-C

Re: RDS in 6a broken? - 23/09/1999 04:29

Im running Beta 6.
If i'm listening to a station and the display says RDS does that mean the station is transmitting RDS information? I wasn't aware that the stations here (new zealand) used it, but i do get RDS lighting up on the screen. However i don't get any station name or other info that i'd expect if RDS was being picked up.

Posted by: jaylward

Re: RDS in 6a broken? - 23/09/1999 14:56

I've discovered this phenomena too. However, the reception is generally so poor I haven't worried about it. Hopefully we shall get the amplifier being sent out by empeg and then we can prove/disprove this theory.

John Aylward

Posted by: john

Re: RDS in 6a broken? - 01/10/1999 10:50

(about RDS indicator when there's no RDS)

There was a bug in the timeout for no RDS activity when there is never any RDS activity at all.
This is fixed in Beta 7.

- John.

(The above may not represent the views of Empeg :)