Bug or setting ?

Posted by: msaeger

Bug or setting ? - 18/02/2004 22:14

I have the V3 alpha 7 release installed. After the empeg powers off and I start it again it starts at the beginning of the track. The karma has a setting to choose to start at the beginning or the place in the song it was when powered off. I am wondering if there is a setting on the empeg I am missing for this now or if this is just a bug.
Posted by: brendanhoar

Re: Bug or setting ? - 18/02/2004 22:40

I've seen something similar, but it was *near* the beginning of the track, not *at* the beginning. I wonder if this is due to the delayed write to disk issue mentioned elsewhere.

-brendan
Posted by: Roger

Re: Bug or setting ? - 19/02/2004 02:27

Position within track used to be stored in flash. I don't think that this has changed, so it's not likely to be related to the deferred disk write.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Bug or setting ? - 19/02/2004 08:17

It's either a bug, or it's this long standing and well known issue.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Bug or setting ? - 19/02/2004 08:31

It must be a bug. I did`t think it was the old problem because it starts at the beginning of the song everytime.
Posted by: foxtrot_xray

Re: Bug or setting ? - 26/02/2004 08:46

Mine does it too. Caught me off guard the first time ("Hey, I was just thru this song!"). Figured it was a bug in a7 since I've never had it before..

Me.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Bug or setting ? - 26/02/2004 10:53

I just had a thought. Cambridge guys, didn't the song position pointer's bit-resolution change at one point during Karma development? Could this be a side effect of that?