(internal) on boot

Posted by: jdandrea

(internal) on boot - 25/12/2001 20:28

Not a bug per se, but ... when 2.0b7 boots up, the display reads 2.00-beta 7 (internal)

Picayune note - should the (internal) be there?
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: (internal) on boot - 25/12/2001 20:39

I'm pretty sure this is because we're using the "internal" beta that was dropped to alpha testers late last week, and not a newly-built public beta. And this is more than likely because Rob, et al thought it would be the best idea to give us all a nice Christmas gift. :) The "(internal)" text also overlaps the empeg logo in the corner (don't know if it would overlap the Rio logo).

Bruno
Posted by: tfabris

Re: (internal) on boot - 25/12/2001 22:21

Yeah, they seem to have skipped the part where they do a new build for the public beta. You guys got the internal one from last Friday.

Except for Emplode, which got a 7a build just before public release...
Posted by: jwickis

Re: (internal) on boot - 26/12/2001 00:03

(don't know if it would overlap the Rio logo).

It does.
Posted by: jdandrea

Re: (internal) on boot - 26/12/2001 18:31

And this is more than likely because Rob, et al thought it would be the best idea to give us all a nice Christmas gift.

And what a wonderful gift it 'tis!

More of a cosmetic thingie. Super-minor.
Posted by: rob

Re: (internal) on boot - 27/12/2001 15:25

What you should have got was Beta7A - but since the player hadn't changed since Beta7 (only emplode) and since Mike's other half really might not have understood him staying at work later than he already had, we decided to release the alpha build of the player.

Rob
Posted by: 94cobra

Re: (internal) on boot - 04/01/2002 17:20

Yes, it does. But it's just cosmetic.
Posted by: Roger

Re: (internal) on boot - 04/01/2002 19:03

The version number should appear over the logo. Otherwise how would we be able to tell which version is running?

Personally, I'm running "2.00-roger20020105 (internal)", and I'd like to be able to see all of that.