compress the music for timeshade 128

Posted by: eternalsun

compress the music for timeshade 128 - 04/01/2002 19:21

I noticed that for classical/orchestral music with a lot of complexity in the softer parts of the music, timeshade 128 does next to nothing. I think it's visualization *should* be using a dynamically compressed form of the music to calculate the graphics so it doesn't miss the softer peaks.

Calvin
Posted by: tfabris

Re: compress the music for timeshade 128 - 04/01/2002 21:49

I agree.

Note that this statement applies to most of the visuals, not just TimeShade. The other visuals often do something even if the music is quiet, but they're usually just freewheeling while waiting for a loud beat to appear in the music.

I can see that such a feature could be immediately used in other products with visuals *COUGH*hsx109*COUGH*...
Posted by: beaker

Re: compress the music for timeshade 128 - 05/01/2002 06:45

Ah!! at last someone who agrees with me (if only in part) I started a thread off here about a VolAdj for visuals.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: compress the music for timeshade 128 - 06/01/2002 23:16

Ah!! at last someone who agrees with me (if only in part) I started a thread off here about a VolAdj for visuals.

I had a private email correspondence with Toby about this several months ago, and he indicated that it would be a good idea.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: beaker

Re: compress the music for timeshade 128 - 07/01/2002 11:30

Ooh... goodie goodie . Thanks.
Maybe he can sneak in a Lissajous visual while he's at it. Go on Toby it won't take you long .
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: compress the music for timeshade 128 - 07/01/2002 13:17

I think Toby listens to too much music with prominent bass and beats. :-p

Calvin