Tuner Growl on initialise 2.0b11

Posted by: Dava

Tuner Growl on initialise 2.0b11 - 12/02/2002 03:40

When initialising the tuner for the first time after power on there is still a nasty bass growl.

Since having 2.0b11 I have had TA and AF switched on and tuned to BBC R1 but the unit in DSP mode. I have never had it switch to TP. I wonder, because of the above, if the tuner is not being initialised enough to read the RDS data in the background. But it could just be that I have not been in the car when a report is going on.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Tuner Growl on initialise 2.0b11 - 12/02/2002 11:12

You're not the only one to have reported this. I don't remember whether anyone got to the bottom of this one or not. Anyone have a link to old threads on this subject?

Do you have an antenna amplifier or a power antenna that needs to warm up/rise up at power-on?
Posted by: fusto

Re: Tuner Growl on initialise 2.0b11 - 12/02/2002 11:41

Heres one thread.
There are 2 issues mentioned, one of them is the thump at startup.
No resolution.

Z~
Posted by: Dava

Re: Tuner Growl on initialise 2.0b11 - 13/02/2002 02:23

No, no powered or amplified antenna, just a thin bent metal pole coming from my roof. I knew this has been reported before but was assuming that it was due to be fixed.

I did get TP to come on this morning while listening to MP3 from a cold boot. and yes it growled as it came in. As reported elsewhere it did not switch back to MP3 but I understand this is already fixed internally.

Please silence my growler!