screw holder unscrewed

Posted by: RobotCaleb

screw holder unscrewed - 19/03/2002 17:02

when i took off the fascia to change my face plate the first time about two months ago all of the screws came out just fine except for one. the bottom left screw kept unscrewing and unscrewing yet not coming out. i finally realized that it was just unscrewing the screw holder attached to the display board and once i figured this out i was able to get it off somewhat successfully. i then separated the screw from the screw holder with a needle nosed pliers pair and screwed the holder back in. i put the new face plate in and screwd it all back together. today my smoke lens came in (much thanks) and i proceeded to take the front off again. same problem. see attached, the circles circle the important bits.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: screw holder unscrewed - 19/03/2002 17:33

So, loctite the hex base and stop whining.

And don't screw the faceplate screws down tight. They should only be finger-tight. FAQ entry.
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: screw holder unscrewed - 19/03/2002 21:16

I dont think i was whining but.. hey whatever.
that this occurred straight out of the box was part of the point that i was trying to make.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: screw holder unscrewed - 20/03/2002 14:00

tony was just kidding with you.

Thanks for the post, maybe someone with the same issue will be releaved to know this isn't something drastic.
Posted by: cshuttle43

Re: screw holder unscrewed - 20/03/2002 14:17

Interesting you should mention this problem, as the exact same thing happened to me and to the exact same screw. Odd...

Anyway, I took a pair of needlenode pliers and screwed the holder back into place on the mainboard. If you grip it from the top, you can get enough leverage to tighten it up properly.
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: screw holder unscrewed - 20/03/2002 14:26

This happened to me also. It was very upsetting. I got over it. :-p

Calvin