Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#109698 - 07/08/2002 17:31 Wiring Harness Confirmation ?
RobRoy
stranger

Greetings All!

I am preparing the wiring harnesses for installation into a GM vehicle, and I would like confirmation on the conventions used:

Empeg Aftermarket Adapter

Black (Earth) <-----------------> Ground (Chassis Ground)
Yellow (Perm Power) <------> Yellow (12v Constant)
Orange (Ignition Sense) <---> Red (12v switched)
White (Headlight Sense) <---> Orange/White (Dimmer)
Blue (Amplifier Remote) <-----> Blue (Antenna/Amplifier)
Green (Mute Input) <----------> NOT PRESENT IN HARNESS

Is this correct? In particular, I am concerned about:

Orange <---> Red

&

White <-----> Orange/White

I just want to make sure it's correct and only solder it once.

Thanks!

Rob

#109699 - 07/08/2002 19:17 Re: Wiring Harness Confirmation ? [Re: RobRoy]
tracerbullet
addict

Loc: Minnesota
I've installed dozens of stereos, and that is in fact the configuration on most every aftermarket adapter. In fact, I'd say most stereos have used it as well. It's the empeg that appears to be unique on colors, this side of "the pond" anyways.

I helped put an Empeg into a friend's (mafisto) Celica this weekend, and your list above is exactly how it went. And he says it's working perfectly.

Edited by tracerbullet (07/08/2002 19:27)

#109700 - 07/08/2002 21:33 Re: Wiring Harness Confirmation ? [Re: RobRoy]
mrfixit
enthusiast

What year gm car is it? they changed some colors in about 93'
The older style had a separate connector with an orange(batt const.) and brown(dimmer control) wire. then there was a black plug with a pink(power ant) black(ground) yellow(swicthed 12v) and grey (dash illumination) the other two connectors one blue and one white were the speaker wires. The newer style gm's have one big black connector and two small ones one black and one blue with some color changes the red was (switched 12v) and the white was (power ant.) light brown was (dash illumination) dark brown was (dimmer control) and batt constant was orange and orange with a black stripe. Now these wires im talking about are the colors on the car harness side. I hope this is some help
mk2a 40gig blue no illumination....yet
hijacked