Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#214531 - 26/04/2004 15:20 Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF BUSINESS???
BasmantarD
new poster

Loc: Florida, USofA
Ok, I did not read any posts before I attempted this, so it may be partially my fault but there were no updates on the darkstorm website. I attempted to purchase a neon blue lense for $29.95 or whatever the price was through the website. I paid via paypal and the money was deducted out of my account. I waited for almost a month and tried to call the customer service number (a cell phone) that was attached to the vendor with no avail. I finally filed a complaint with paypal and after the investigation they said they that the seller was at fault but they could not retreive any of my money. Thankfully the seller released the funds and sent them back to my account. I am kind of upset i didnt receive any communication from the seller, but thankful the money was returned, I am still interested in purchasing one of the lenses. Im not sure if they are no longer available or if he was sold out or what, due to lack of communication. Are they still available and how would I go about purchasing one with minimal issues?

#214532 - 26/04/2004 15:25 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF BUSINESS??? [Re: BasmantarD]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I attempted to purchase a neon blue lense for $29.95 or whatever the price was through the website.
Which website? You didn't make it clear if you tried to purchase from Darkstorm, from Rio, what?

Have you tried clicking on the word "LENSES" at the top of this screen? As far as I know, Filener is still selling them. If your problems are with Filener, then it would be the first report I've heard of problems.

#214533 - 26/04/2004 15:27 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I'm guessing that since he referenced the "darkstorm website" that he was referring to DarkStorm.

DarkStorm's had some personal problems and by all accounts is unlikely to get you any lenses. To reiterate what Tony said, though, try the "Lenses" link up top. He's new but recommended by a few members.

#214534 - 26/04/2004 16:06 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: wfaulk]
BasmantarD
new poster

Nope havent seen this link. Last time i clicked the Lenses link i went to the Darkstorm website. Thanks I feel retarded but i assumed it would be the same. oh and those Tech Support Spheres look great, you should contact Spencer Gifts to try and get a distribution run going. Also for all you Geeks out there check out http://www.deadtroll.com/ and specifically http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html

#214535 - 26/04/2004 16:21 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: BasmantarD]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Three Dead Trolls In A Baggie. Classic!!!

#214536 - 27/04/2004 21:49 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: pgrzelak]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Woah, why is that so oddly familiar? Aren't they a band? I think one of my tech support managers back in college was into them. Woah, what a flashback.

#214537 - 28/04/2004 05:01 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: FireFox31]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
A Canadian comedy group. They are the ones that performed the Internet Help Desk piece referred to above, among many other excellent works.

#214538 - 28/04/2004 09:11 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: pgrzelak]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
>A Canadian comedy group.

Satire, actually. But close-enough!

Cheers

#214539 - 28/04/2004 16:24 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: pgrzelak]
BasmantarD
new poster

I recommend you check them out here at Ampcast All of the audio is available, and 2 of my personal favorites, Every OS Sucks and Keeping Your Parents Off the Internet

#214540 - 28/04/2004 16:34 Re: Rio Lenses, Availability??? SOLD OUT??? OUT OF [Re: BasmantarD]
BasmantarD
new poster

Furthermore, as long as were on the subject, I want to order the Translucent Blue lense with the boarder from the Clear lense, but i dont see how to do this on the order form given. Pressing buttons to order would be alot easier as long as its done right. You could preview the order ahead of time and avoid mistakes and wasted production.